The Alumna Initiate Program allows AOII to share our Ritual with those women who are a large part of our lives and who exemplify what AOII is, but for one reason or another, were not presented with the opportunity to become an AOII during college. This is a great way to make a family relationship grow even stronger through the bond of sisterhood that so many have already experienced! Alpha Omicron Pi has extended alumnae membership to outstanding women for many years and has allowed many women (mothers, sisters, aunts, close friends) who have never been part of an NPC organization to join AOII. Alumnae Initiates (AIs) have been able to not only support alumnae chapters but also help the growth of collegiate chapters by becoming advisers and volunteers.
Qualifications for Alumnae Initiates:
- One time fees – covering initiation and badge costs
- All Alumna Initiate candidates must have a sponsor who they know personally and who lives locally.
- Candidates may not be members of another National Panhellenic Conference Organization, nor eligible to be an undergraduate collegiate member
AOII Alumnae Initiates are:
- Female friends and relatives of an AOII
- Mothers, Grandmothers, or other relatives who want to offer their support to the collegiate chapter
- Former colony members and other past collegians who were pledged into an AOII collegiate chapter, but were not initiated
- Women who are interested in mentoring and working with young women
- Faculty Advisers, campus leaders and University mentors
- College graduates who show outstanding volunteer involvement
- Notable women from the local community
Begin the Process of Sponsoring an Alumna Initiate:
Contact Ally Howard, Assistant Director of Lifetime Engagement, at AOII Headquarters at 615.370.0920 or email@example.com to request an application. This officially begins the alumna initiate application process.